Monday, March 19, 2012

Spring Break [Part 1]

HI! I missed you all. I have so many thing I want to blog about! First, i'll tell you about my spring break. I had the opportunity to go to New York City this Spring Break!


So, I'll give you the highlights of my trip. First, I MET NICK JONAS! I hope ya'll know who he is. That's him in this picture here; He is one of the three Jonas Brothers. He tlaked really quiet and I saw him in the show 'How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying' on Broadway. My tickets were only thirty dollars and great seats!!! He did pretty good in the show. I loved how he used a more musical theatre style of singing rather than his usual pop/rock style.







The other star of the show was Beau Bridges. He is this guy here. He is pretty cool, I like him because he is in Stargate SG1, I got this picture and his autograph because Stargate SG1 is my favorite show! I also saw 'RENT' on Off-Broadway for only twenty five dollars in the front row! It is my favorite musical so I was really blessed to be able to see it while I was in the city. It was one of the best experiences ever. I was crying and laughing the whole show and I forgot how uplifting it is. Theatre is such a powerful thing.



I also saw 'MEMPHIS' starring Adam pascal. That was also a very good show for twenty six dollars and great seats! I loved it. It's about music and racism in the sixties. It was really funny but also very well scripted and dramatic. I enjoyed the dancing aspect of it the most. The Ensemble was incredible! That was one of my favorite things about Broadway was the fact that the ensembles were so incredible and energetic.






Another great highlight of the trip was that we were able to visit Ground Zero. They have these gigantic pools that mark where the Twin Towers stood. This is the South Pool and there is another one in the other tours place. Around the side are the names of all the people who died that day. It was a really incredible site and very moving. I had been to the site six years ago and it was nothing like this. It was all rubble with pictures. This memorial site is a new thing that I think it really impressive and touching. In this picture is my sister who I was able to share this experience, and the rest of New York, with.

No comments:

Post a Comment