Friday, May 4, 2012


Last night, Thursday the Fourth of May, was our annual theatre awards and dance party! It was SO much fun. All of the kids who are graduating got little awards (You'll see the picture down below) and then we had a dance party afterwards....

This is me accepting me graduation award :D

This is the award itself!

Two of my best friends... I'll miss them so much!

And of course, the theatre kids dancing it up!


Lots of my friends have been posting their sad status about leaving Western. Here are some quotes from them:

"Three years ago, I embarked on a journey here at Western Wyoming Community College. I was terrified. Would I survive in a new place? Would I learn as much as I possibly could? Would I graduate? As I sit here and reflect on the past three years, the grades and fear of not making it through the first years of college don’t really cross my mind… The thing that I remember most are the wonderful people I have met here. (Particularly the people that started this wonderful journey with me) Now, as I sit and wait for my last show here at Western to begin, I reflect upon the wonderful times I have shared with so many great friends!!"- Dale Hoopes

"...I don't think tonight could have ended with a better song than "we found love." two years ago i came to western terrified, already sure that i would spend the worst two years of my life here, make no friends, and regret the descision to ever set foot in rock springs. sitting here now alone in my room, bawling my eyes out, i now realize that everything is as it is supposed to be. there was no better place for me than western, and while i am so excited for what next year has in store for me, it breaks my heart to have to say goodbye in three weeks... i have grown so much, learned more than i knew i could, and met some of the most beautiful, talented, funny, caring, and simply wonderful people the world has to offer."- Daniel Hagy


I am so blessed to have the friends that I do. I will always miss them and love them. I will forever be grateful to this school for the experience it has given me. I am having a hard time finding the words. I keep getting emotional; excited, sad, nostalgic, lonely, awesome and thankful. I can't put into words exactly how I feel because there is just so much feeling going on inside of me. Please, please consider coming to Western and if you are already here remember the times you're having, have had, and will have. It is a beautiful place. I will never forget it.



-
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment