Thursday, February 23, 2012

Mornings in the tech shop:








So, if anybody was wondering, I am an intern in the technical theatre shop. We build sets, paint them and get ready for productions. I work Monday through Thursday mornings from 8:00am to 11:00am. It is so much fun! Although it is extremely hard sometimes when my hands start to hurt or it gets really cold. But, it is still really...what's the word i'm looking for... fulfilling to have a set done and built and be able to watch performances on it. Or, in my case, I get to perform on it sometimes! I love being on both sides of theatre. Working on the technical side and being a performer as well. My favorite side of technical theatre is Stage Managing. I try to get as many opportunities to do it as possible. The Stage Manager is the person who makes sure everything goes smoothly and calls all the cues for things to happen during the show. I just stage managed 'JKindertransport' which performed the end of January. I hope those of you who saw it liked it!

No comments:

Post a Comment